Movement for change – play your part
“Somewhere inside all of us is the power to change the world.” Roald Dahl
The stories we tell ourselves now will predict the future. How can we change these stories to create the future we want? How do we move our communities closer to creating greater wellbeing by challenging how we talk about the world?
Join us at the 2018 QCOSS State Conference on 16 and 17 May to be part of a movement for change.
We will focus on the stories we tell as organisations and as a community, and explore how we change the narrative and inspire more positive outcomes by the actions we take today.
At a time when we are seeing the demonisation of groups such as welfare recipients and asylum seekers and our community is disenchanted with the democratic process, we need a new story to promote the change we want to see for all Queenslanders.
We need a movement for change. The success of such a movement depends on the dedication and commitment of the whole community. Are you ready to play your part?
Join us to:
• Explore the current landscape in which we live and work, uncover the big issues and identify the stories that are dividing our communities.
• Develop an understanding of the evidence base for change and the current state of play from which we can move forward.
• Explore reforms currently underway. Challenge your beliefs and attitudes and understand how these shape our actions and influence reform directions.
• Hear from communities who have taken action, told a different story, and have had success. How did they do it? What have they learned? Is this something we can all affect?
• Learn from opinion leaders from different backgrounds and sectors. They will discuss their experiences and share how we can change the way we think and tell our stories to achieve improved outcomes for everyone.
• Leave with an appetite and recipe for action to take us closer to our desired future.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead
To ensure you play your part, register now.
Early bird registration ends 16 March 2018.
Watch QCOSS CEO Mark Henley and Senior Manager Policy, Advocacy and Capacity, Laura Barnes talking about the theme of the conference.