Micah Projects is currently recruiting two Registered Nurses to join our existing team to work after hours within a community based outreach program as part of the Street to Home team. One position will be fixed-term part-time three shifts per week, the other a casual position providing leave back-fill as needed. The Registered Nurses will be employed by Micah Projects to work as part of the multidisciplinary Street to Home team in an outreach capacity to provide direct nursing care and care co-ordination, and to create pathways to overcome barriers to healthcare for people with complex health and social issues across Brisbane. The position will be contracted to 30th June 2019 with the hope of extension of funding.
Micah Projects is a community based not-for-profit organisation with a mission to respond to people who experience exclusion, poverty, injustice and social isolation so that they may experience inclusion, economic wellbeing, justice and connection within their community of choice.
Street to Home provides support to people who are experiencing chronic homelessness to move into and sustain long-term housing while also responding to individuals and families in crisis. The After Hours Nursing Service operates seven days per week from 6pm to 12mn. The two rostered nurses are each teamed with a Street to Home support and advocacy worker to provide integrated health, housing and social support services to people in public space, parks, food vans, boarding houses and public housing. This position falls under the conditions of the SCHADS Award and is paid in line with the Queensland Health Nurses and Midwives EB Agreement Level 5.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Current AHPRA registration to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated clinical nursing experience
- Strong interest in Primary Health Care
- Experience / interest in working with people who are vulnerable, at risk and experiencing homelessness
- Ability to work autonomously with a high level of responsibility in a community setting
- Ability to form and maintain strong collegial relationships across service organisations
- Commitment to improving the health and services provided to people who are marginalized.
- Current open QLD drivers licence.
To be considered for this position, you must follow these steps:
- Copy and paste the following link in to your web browser: http://micahprojects.applynow.net.au/jobs/MICAH89
- Enter your Personal Details and answer the questions that make up the Selection Criteria.
- Upload your resume and cover letter when prompted.