Level 1 funding
To be eligible for funding under Level 1, an organisation must be located in a Local Government Area (LGA) listed as activated for either “Personal Hardship Assistance” or “Restoration of Essential Public Assets” on the Queensland Government’s Disaster Management website.
Where the organisation’s LGA is listed, Level 1 funding will be available for application up to three (3) months from the latest activation date.
For example: Under ‘Wide Bay-Burnett Severe Storms, 11-14 October 2018’, Fraser Coast Regional Council and South Burnett Regional Council were activated for Restoration of Essential Public Assets on 18/10/18, so organisations in this area could apply until 18/1/2019.
Level 1 funding provides up to $5000 to assist in immediate clean-up efforts. This may include:
- replacement of damaged equipment that directly relates to the re-establishment of activities (including office and canteen equipment)
- payment of services and hire costs, and purchase of equipment and tools that assist in short term clean-up of facilities
- reimbursement for the purchase of the above made from the date of the relevant disaster
- funds to repair or replace when this is lower than the premium excess set by the insurance provider may be eligible
- excess coverage for insurance claims.
Level 2 funding
Level 2 funding provides up to $20,000 for repair, restoration and mitigation support. Where Level 2 is announced as being available by the department, applications can be submitted for up to six months from the date of the department’s announcement. Refer to the program guidelines to determine eligibility for applying under Level 2.
Any updates will be announced on this page.
Funding may be available for the following items/works that assist in recovery:
- mitigate the effect of future damage to the sport and recreation infrastructure due to a similar disaster event:
- repair/restore damage to sport and recreation infrastructure that directly relates to the re-establishment of facilities.
- replace damaged items that are not covered by Level 1 assistance to restore operations to support the delivery of sport and recreation activities.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, the organisation must:
- be located in an NDRRA Category A-C declared disaster affected area (depending on level of funding requested)
- be an incorporated local or regional not-for-profit organisation with a primary objective relating to sport and recreation.
It is recommended that you contact your local Sport and Recreation regional office prior to applying to discuss any enquiries.