We are seeking a dynamic, skilled, knowledgeable passionate and experienced Children’s Domestic and Family Violence Counsellor to join our team on a Part Time basis (3-4 days per week), based on the Sunshine Coast.
This position has a primary focus of working with children and young people and providing specialised counselling to children, young people who have experienced domestic and family violence.
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Bachelor) in a relevant human services field, with membership or eligible membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. AASW, APS, PACFA Member Association) and two years significant relevant experience
- Experience working therapeutically with children, adolescents and families, experiencing complex issues.
- Excellent counselling, therapeutic and interpersonal skills including knowledge of evidence based therapeutic interventions
- Demonstrated assessment skills, including therapeutic assessment, crisis intervention, risk assessment and safety planning.
- An understanding of the impact of trauma on children and young people and the components of working within a child protection framework.
- Significant knowledge in the area of domestic and family violence and impacts on children and family
- Great communication skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Blue Card for Child Related Employment
- Current Drivers License
base salary + super+ salary packaging + employee benefits
The UnitingCare salary packaging program offers employees the opportunity to significantly increase their take home pay. For more information visit the AccessPay website (https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/).
Culture and Benefits
Our shared values drive the way we work- Compassion, Respect, Justice, Working Together and Leading through Learning. Aligned to our values, our commitment to you is:
- Training for your role now and development opportunities for your career
- Diverse work arrangements and opportunities
- Support to undertake tertiary study
- Corporate private health discounts
- Competitive personal and income insurance
We request your CV, Cover Letter including you written response to the 3 selection criteria components (no longer than 1.5 pages)
1. You knowledge of and/or demonstrated ability to provide counselling and related services within a therapeutic context with a range of clients and issues including, but not limited to family violence, sexual abuse, child abuse, relationship discord and grief and loss.
2. Sound theoretical understanding and highly developed clinical skills in the areas of domestic violence and the effect of trauma and abuse on individuals and families, including children.
3. Sound knowledge of and/or demonstrated ability in children’s counselling, particularly in relation to trauma and domestic and family violence issues through the use of expressive therapy modalities.
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description. Should you require additional / specific details about the role, please contact as per the details below
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.