Energy Literacy Workshop - MACKAY
Do you assist clients struggling with energy bills and want to learn more about how you can help them, what assistance available, and how future reforms may impact your clients?
If you are a frontline worker for a community organisation who assists clients with energy related information, advice or referrals – for example financial counsellors, housing support workers, emergency relief, NILS providers - this workshop will assist you get the best outcomes for your clients.
During the workshop we will cover:
- an introduction to the market and what drives electricity prices
- how to read a bill – general tips and advice
- advice on what you can you do to help clients access concessions and assistance
- an interactive session to work through scenarios and case studies on common problems
- building skills to get the best outcome for your clients including negotiating affordable payment plans and navigating the Home Energy Emergency Assistance Scheme process.
For more information
Cancellation and Refunds Policy: NO REGISTRATION REFUNDS are applicable. If unable to attend, please email the event contact person at QCOSS. You may transfer your registration to another person. Advise us in writing of the full name and details of the person replacing you at least 24 hours before the event starts. We reserve the right to cancel the event under certain circumstances, such as low registration numbers. If this happens, we will advise you as soon as possible, and give you a full refund. We are not responsible for any expenses you may have incurred if the event is cancelled.
418 Shakespeare Street
MACKAY, QLD 4740