As the state’s peak body for the community sector QCOSS is uniquely positioned to support and enable place-based approaches across Queensland. We recognise that we can’t do this alone – we are committed to partnering and our partners are many.
We have heard from people supporting place-based projects around Queensland that they would like more opportunities to meet, build shared understanding of place-based approaches, share information, skills and learnings, and identify opportunities for collaboration across Queensland.
Our Place-based Community of Practice is open to anyone working in place-based approaches in Queensland, and we already have a whole set of events coming up in 2021!
Here are some of our focus areas for 2021:
- Living affordability and wellbeing: Place-based approaches to addressing financial hardship
- Multicultural inclusion and cultural competency: Supporting CALD communities through place-based activities
- Remote communities: Keeping our communities healthy
- Accessible transport: How we support our communities to get around
- Ensuring consumer voices are heard: The successes, benefits and challenges of including children and young people in decision making
- Housing affordability and homelessness: Place-based approaches to promoting housing security and addressing homelessness
Click to find out more about the events, or about place-based approaches more broadly.