St David's Neighbourhood Centre is a not for profit organisation and is situated at Coopers Plains.
St David’s Neighbourhood Centre deliver programs and services that enable people to meet their community. These include Stay n Play (Playgroup), Social & Educational programs (funded by Dept. Communities, Child Safety & Disability Services), Thrift Shop and Harmony Club – programs for frail & older clients (Department of Social Services) & Adults with a disability (Queensland Community Care Services).
We are seeking a compassionate and enthusiastic person to join our team working in the Harmony Club. Harmony Club provides day respite programs and social support services to eligible frail or older people over the age of 65 and younger people (under 65) with a disability.
The position is for 64 hours per fortnight and reports directly to the Centre Manager. The Harmony Club Coordinator responsible for the planning and implementation of the day respite and social support services that fall under Harmony Club. The Harmony Club Coordinator works alongside a team of support workers, food services supervisor and volunteers and other staff who all aim to provide a high level of service that meets individual client and carer needs.
The Harmony Club Coordinator is responsible for:
- Planning and implementing appropriate and innovative activities for the day respite and social support programs
- Management of client intake, assessment and review processes, developing individualised client care plans and completing client documentation
- Assist with the recruitment, induction and training of support workers and food services supervisor
- Provide daily supervision and direction to support workers, food services supervisor and volunteers to implement program activities
- Participate in provision of services by assisting with transport and working face to face with clients to complete day respite and social support activities
The right person will have or be:
- Experience in the coordination of innovative and appropriate day respite and social support programs within a community service setting
- Relevant qualification in service coordination, lifestyle and recreation, human services or community field or relevant work and life experiences
- Experience in working with frail aged, those with a disability, their family and carers and those from diverse backgrounds
- Current open QLD Drivers Licence and an ability and confidence to drive an 11 seater bus
- National Criminal History Check Certificate and positive notice Blue Card (or be willing to apply for these)
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
Skills that would be an asset to you in this role:
- Ability to be flexible and willingness to listen to others
- Computer literacy in Microsoft office Suite
- Able to work with limited supervision and as part of a small team
- Effective written and oral communication skills and an eye for attention to detail
- Willingness to work within the ethos of the Uniting Church
The role is offered on a permanent part time contract at 64 hrs per fortnight.
Remuneration is SCHADS Award level 5
Do you believe you've got what it takes and want to become part of a great team? Then please email for an application kit to [email protected].
Please note that applications submitted without a cover letter, resume and completed application form will not be considered