Case Planning and Case Notes for Social Work Practice: 2 half-day workshops
This two half day webinar provides an overview on Case Planning and Case Notes for Social Work Practice.
Best practice principles / standards for Social Work Practice case planning and making case notes.
- How to develop clear case plans with achievable goals,
incorporate ongoing review to ensure case plan remains current and
relevant, and case notes communicate all this accurately and concisely.
- How to transfer knowledge and skills into everyday practice
- How to best use your existing systems to plan and record your good work
Case Planning and Case Note “Pitfalls”
- e.g. case planning goals poorly articulated and unclear when goals are partly/fully achieved;
- losing sight of the case plan over time and in the midst of ongoing chaos and crises;
- assumptions/judgements vs. careful observational reporting;
- potential legal, privacy and confidentiality issues;
- unclear or incomplete case notes meaning other workers unable to follow up appropriately;
- case notes not reflecting the case plan; etc.
Who should attend?
A “refresher” for experienced Social Workers and an upskilling for
any new Social Workers and students, particularly those working with
vulnerable young people.
What are the learning outcomes for participants?
- Identify and apply best practice principles / standards for case planning
- Develop an understanding of the importance of making good clear case notes, and practical applications
- Increased reflection on practice
Meet the Presenter
Meredith Waugh, B A (Hons Psych) B Soc Wk., MQPPA MAASW (Acc), is a qualified Social Worker, Psychologist and Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist with over 40 years of clinical and professional development & training experience, primarily in the child & youth mental health field. Meredith is deeply interested in the well-being of helping professionals and carers who support the most disadvantaged and complex clients and families, and runs a part-time private practice offering supervision and professional development training in the Gold Coast area.
Via Webinar – please register to the right of this panel.
Details on how to join the Live Webinar will be emailed to you 2 days prior.
Wednesday 14 and 21 October 2020
9.00am – 12.00pm
CPD: 6 hrs
Members – Please log on to the website prior to registering to take advantage of the member rates.