Bringing our best into 2021
The impact of the current global pandemic has been significant for the gender based violence and women’s health sector. Organisations have had to completely rethink the way they support women, do their work, connect with partners, facilitate integrated service systems and lead their teams.
This leadership program aims to support leadership development and connectedness to assist the sector to build on and enhance the skills and new ways of working that have emerged throughout 2020 across the themes of daring, inclusive, feminist leadership.
About the program
We would like to invite people working in or connected with the sexual violence, women’s health and wellbeing and domestic violence sector to join us for our 2021 Leadership program.
- Do you wish to lead and influence change in ending violence against women and children?
- Do you wish to work to find the potential in people and processes?
- Do you have the courage to develop your potential and the potential of others?
The program will explore what daring, inclusive and feminist leadership looks and feels like and how these qualities are being and can be enacted in the workplace and community.
Click here to download the flyer.
We are offering three symposiums in 2021.
- Symposium 1: Daring Leadership – 19 March 2021 (Online)
- Symposium 2: Inclusive Leadership – 30 July 2021 (Karstens, Level 24, 215 Adelaide Street, Brisbane)
- Symposium 3: Feminist Leadership – 3 December 2021 (Karstens, Level 24, 215 Adelaide Street, Brisbane)
Who should attend?
‘Leadership is defined as anyone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people and processes, and who has the courage to develop that potential’ Brene Brown
If Brene Brown’s definition of leadership resonates with you, we invite you to join us for this program.
- To develop skills and confidence as a leader.
- To connect with peers to explore, test and implement daring, inclusive and feminist leadership practice.
- To increase connectedness within the sector for ongoing professional support.
- To contribute to the development of a sector resource ‘what does daring, inclusive and feminist leadership look like in the sexual assault, women’s health and wellbeing and domestic violence sector in 2021?’
Speakers & facilitators
Facilitated by Jan Ungerer with speakers:
To find out more please visit www.workupqld.org.au.