A 6 Week Experiential Training Program
This training program is aimed at workers who have some foundational knowledge of domestic and family violence (DFV) including an understanding of the dynamics of DFV; the impact of the violence; and the complexity of these experiences on the lives of victim/survivors.
This training provides opportunities for participants to enhance and/or learn new group facilitation skills specific to working with women who have experienced DFV.
This is an experiential training program. Participants will immerse themselves in a 6-week group format to build skills, knowledge and confidence in facilitating women’s DFV educational and therapeuticgroups .
The training will cover:
- Group preparation, development and structure
- Underpinning frameworks for DFV women’s groups
- Building connections and a sense of belonging
- Leadership and co-facilitation roles in DFV groups
- Managing conflict and challenging group dynamics
- Diversity and intersectionality in groups
- Evaluating and finishing groups
Participants will be provided with a Journeys Program Manual