Putting children first: Changing the way we talk about parenting in Australia
Add value and power to your work by learning how to ‘frame’ and become part of a growing network that is using framing to change the world for kids and families.
As a strong and passionate sector we are all on a journey to create a nation that values children and gives parents the support they need. But how do we make sure that all Australians join us on this journey? And how can social science help us to create the necessary social change that children need?
Ground-breaking new research commissioned by the Parenting Research Centre from the Frameworks Institute (US) has highlighted the power of ‘framing’ when it comes to improving child wellbeing in Australia.
NAPCAN’s Q&A Forum will use this research to launch a broader discussion about how we support parents with the right policies, and build collective responsibility with the right communication.
Join our international, national and local experts for a fresh, bold conversation including:
- The power of the ‘child development frame’ to effect positive change
- How supporting parents is the key to improving child wellbeing
- Real-life examples of how the research is changing the way we work
- Why myths and metaphors matter, and why images of boats and lighthouses are popping up all over the place.
- Nat Kendall-Taylor, CEO, FrameWorks Institute, US
- Annette Michaux, Director, Parenting Research Centre
Time: 9.15am – 12.00pm (including morning tea and networking from 11.30am)
Date: Thursday 5 September 2019
Venue: Ithaca Room, Brisbane City Hall
Organised by NAPCAN with support from the Queensland Government.
$33 booking essential at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/national-child-protection-week-qa-forum-brisbane-tickets-64405866681
This event is an official event of National Child Protection Week (1-7 September). To find out how you can support the campaign, visit https://www.napcan.org.au/ncpw-get-involved-2/.