This presentation is suitable for social workers, counsellors and psychologists working in youth focused organisations.
In this rapidly evolving digital landscape, having a comprehensive understanding of a young person’s use of technology, and its impact on both online and offline behaviour, is essential in being able to provide effective and responsive care.
The session covers:
Key cyber safety issues including:
- Unwanted contact
- Digital reputation
- Accessing sexually explicit and inappropriate material – and its influence on relationships and sexual identity
- Excessive gaming/social media
- The cultural context of social media and technology used by young people
- Power to remove serious cyberbullying material
- Practical strategies to safeguard and minimise risk with online interactions for those working with young people and advice to support safe and enjoyable online experiences.
This presentation is brought to you by the Australian Government, eSafety Commission.
Tuesday 6 August 2019, 5.30pm – 7.00pm
This session can be accessed face-to-face or via video conference (GoTo Meeting)
*Details on how to join the video conference will be emailed to you up to 2 days prior.
Members $10 (incl. GST)
Non Members $15 (incl. GST)
Members – Please log on to the website prior to registering to take advantage of the member rates.