Queensland's economic response during COVID-19 - what it means for the sector
Much like the annual QCOSS State Budget Breakfast, this event will respond to, and discuss the impact of the economic statement on the community services sector.
Join the Hon Cameron Dick MP, Treasurer and Minister for Infrastructure and Planning as he discusses the government's spending commitments, what's in it for the sector and the people we serve.
The Treasurer's presentation will be followed by a panel of industry leaders discussing Queensland's economy during COVID-19 and what it means for the community sector.
ABC presenter Matt Wordsworth will MC the event and pose your questions to our panel:
- Aimee McVeigh, QCOSS CEO
- Peter Selwood, Executive Director of Centacare in the Archdiocese of Brisbane
- Nance Haxton, The Wandering Journo
- Kevin Mercer, CEO St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland
- Professor Sue Harris Rimmer, Director of the Griffith University Policy Innovation Hub
- Jody Currie, CEO Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Health Service Brisbane
When: Monday 14 September 2020
Time: 07:30am to 9:00am
Where: Online via Zoom
QCOSS Members - Free
Non-QCOSS members $65.00
Note: If you've already registered for this event and didn't receive a reminder email with the login details, please check your Junk Email box.
Thanks to HESTA our principal partner
Thanks also to the Queensland Community Service Peaks: