This workshop will be an opportunity to step back from our everyday “doing” of case management to explore client-directed, strengths based approaches to case management. This approach seeks to support clients to be active players in the case management process, to enable them to make decisions that will promote preferred possibilities in their lives. Throughout the workshop key skills of Strengths-based Case Management will be explored in a range of experiential ways. Participants will expect to hear stories of collaborative Strengths-based Case Management processes that generate energy and hope for both the worker and client.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will have:
- Explored various definitions and the history of Case Management
- Reflected upon contrasting models of Case Management
- Developed an appreciation of the Principles of Strengths-based Case Management
- Had an opportunity to practice the key skills and stages of client-directed Strengths based Case Management
- Considered a strengths based intake process
- Engaged in a strengths based assessment process
- Explored a strengths based planning process
- Review the implications for strengths-based note taking and documenting
- Some reflections regarding strengths approaches to engaging involuntary clients
- Reflect on the relevance of Strengths-based Case Management for their own work.