Region: Australia wide
Amount: Up to $10,000
The Australia Post 2021 Community Grants Program provides grants of up to $10,000 to eligible community-led, local projects that connect individuals and communities to improve mental health and wellbeing. Some projects that are unsuccessful for a grant of up to $10,000 may be considered for a smaller grant of $2,000. Applicants will be asked in the application process if they would like to be considered for this.
They are specifically looking for projects that meet all of the following criteria:
- the primary purpose of the project is to improve mental health and wellbeing outcomes of a community.
- the project will help people meaningfully connect in their local community.
- the project is a locally‑led and locally‑delivered project that benefits a community.
Organisations will be eligible to apply only if they meet all of the requirements below:
1. Are an incorporated not-for-profit organisation
- Organisations are not required to have deductible gift recipient (DGR) status to apply.
- Unincorporated entities, individuals, sole traders, government entities and educational institutions are ineligible for this program.
- Collaborations and partnerships among different types of organisations are encouraged with the incorporated not-for-profit organisation as the lead partner, however auspice arrangements are not accepted.
2. Have an ABN (reflecting the organisation’s incorporated not‑for‑profit status)
- Organisation details must be correct and up-to-date on the Australian Business Register(https://abr.business.gov.au) on the date the application is submitted.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure its details are correct and up-to-date when the application is submitted.
- Organisations will be deemed ineligible if their ABN status on the Australian Business Register does not demonstrate incorporated not‑for‑profit status on the date the application was submitted.
3. Have an Australian bank account (corresponding to the ABN)
4. Are located and provide services within Australia
Applications close: 4 July 2021.