Region: Australia wide
Amount: $60,000 - $120,000
The Australian Department of Health’s Child and Youth Health Grants opportunity was announced as part of the launch of the National Action Plan for the Health of Children and Young People 2020-2030 (the Action Plan). The Action Plan provides a roadmap to improve the health and wellbeing of all Australian children and young people. It is intended to guide collaborative approaches under the following priority areas:
- improving health equity across populations;
- empowering parents and caregivers to maximise healthy development;
- tackling mental health and risky behaviours;
- addressing chronic conditions and preventive health; and
- strengthening the workforce.
There is a total of $2 million over four years from 2019-20 for the Child and Youth Health Grant Opportunity, covering two parts:
- Part A: Program implementation ($1.5 million over four years from 2019-20); and
- Part B: Health professionals’ education and awareness-raising activities ($0.5 million over four years from 2019-20).
Applications close: 25 November 2019