Application Date: 16 April 2020 to 21 May 2020
Region: Queensland wide
Amount: $80,000 - $1 million
Grant funding of between $80,000 and $1 million is available to non-government organisations (NGOs) that deliver online safety education to children, young people and their communities, or training to those who work with them. This an open competitive grants program for NGOs.
The objectives are to:
- support innovative development, collaboration and implementation of online safety education programs
- ensure children, young people and their communities can access inclusive, citizen-focused online safety education resources
- promote and increase the positive and safe use of digital technologies in at-risk communities, via improvements in service delivery
- contribute to driving diversity and inclusion online
- maximise opportunities for all Australians to understand the online safety support, complaints and referral pathways they can access
- create a culture where safe online behaviours among children and young people become the ‘norm’
- deliver projects that use co-design and evidence-based frameworks as standard practice for delivering online safety education
- embed Safety by Design principles, where appropriate
Applications are sought from NGOs that can demonstrate an ability to use evidence-based research and best practice in online safety education to develop services, resources and products that provide new solutions for improving online safety.
These can be:
- for use in schools and other places of learning
- designed for parents and carers, communities or support workers
- focused on at-risk communities
- aimed at scaling up new services, resources or products.
For more information: https://www.esafety.gov.au/about-us/what-we-do/our-programs/online-safety-grants-program