Application Date: 28 November 2019 to 14 February 2020
Region: Australia wide
The Australian Government is inviting eligible organisations, via an open competitive process, to apply for capital grants under the Safe Places Emergency Accommodation program from 2020-21 to 2021-22.
The objective of the grant opportunity is to deliver new emergency and crisis accommodation for women and children experiencing domestic and family violence. It could also fund purchasing/renovations/repurposing of buildings, where it creates new emergency accommodation.
It is important that accommodation delivered under this grant provides access to appropriate and specialist support for women and children experiencing domestic and family violence. Applicants who are not a domestic and family violence specialist, are required to provide evidence of a formal partnership with a domestic and family violence specialist service, or specialist Indigenous service, or Culturally and Linguistically Diverse service, that is ongoing and sustainable and must demonstrate an understanding of domestic and family violence.
The Government intends to maximise the return on its investment, the grant opportunity will prefer projects that bring together:
- different participants to deliver the most effective model
- contributions (whether cash or in-kind) from other levels of government, and from private and philanthropic sources.
More information about the Safe Places Emergency Accommodation program, as well as requirements for applicants, can be found in the following grant opportunity documents:
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines
- Questions and Answers
- Draft Capital Works Grant Agreement (date for release to be confirmed)
- Factsheet – summarising key points from draft Capital Works Grant Agreement
- Factsheet – locations with unmet demand
- Content provided in the information sessions
For more information: https://www.communitygrants.gov.au/grants/safe-places-emergency-accommodation