Application Date: 18 November 2019 to 10 December 2019
Region: Australia wide
The Safer Communities Fund Round 5 Infrastructure grants provide schools and preschools, places of religious worship, community organisations and local councils with grants of up to $1 million for crime prevention initiatives aimed at reducing crime, violence, anti-social behaviour and/or other security risks driven by racial and/or religious intolerance.
The minimum grant amount is $10,000 and the maximum grant amount per location or school campus is $500,000. The maximum grant amount per organisation is $1 million. The grant will be up to 100% of eligible project costs. The maximum grant period is 36 months. Projects must be completed by 30 June 2023.
Project activities can include:
• Infrastructure activities, such as installing: fixed or mobile CCTV cameras; security lighting; fencing and gates; bollards; external blast walls and windows; security and alarm systems; public address systems; intercoms and swipe access
• Employing or hiring security guards, licensed by the relevant state or territory agency, for schools or preschools.
To be eligible you must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
• an incorporated not for profit organisation • an Australian local government agency or body as defined in appendix A of the grant opportunity guidelines
• an Australian State/Territory Government education agency or body
• a registered school or pre-school that is a legal entity (with its own unique ABN) and that can enter into a grant agreement in its own right
• a legal entity applying on behalf of a registered school or pre-school.