Region: Australia wide
The Good Things Foundation’s Be Connected Network Building Digital Skills Grants are available to all Network Partners, including those who are new to the Be Connected Network and have not yet been awarded a grant. The grants help organisations to start up and continue delivering their Be Connected digital literacy programs.
Organisations who would like to apply for a Building Digital Skills grant must::
- Be a Be Connected Network Partner. If you’re not already part of the Network, click here to join
- Provide an ABN number.
- Have public liability insurance
Network Partners applying for their first Be Connected grant can only apply for a $2,500 grant. Once you have met 80% of your registration targets and acquitted your grant, you will be eligible to apply for larger Building Digital Skills grant contracts.
Existing Network Partners who hold an Activation or Building Digital Skills grant are eligible to apply for this round of Building Digital Skills grant once they have met 80% of their learner registration targets and acquitted their grant. These Network Partners are not restricted to which standard size contracts they can apply for.
The funding can be spent on activities that support older Australians to gain basic digital skills and confidence such as:
- New devices including computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones
- Upgrading software for devices
- Broadband fees
- Digital mentor expenses, including training to be a digital mentor
- Printing of learning materials for older Australian learners
- Police checks for all staff and mentors involved in delivering the Be Connected
The funding cannot be used on building materials and capital works.
Applications close: 27 November 2020.
For more information: https://www.beconnectednetwork.org.au/grant-program/building-digital-skills-grants