Application Date: 1 October 2019 to 31 October 2019
Region: Australia wide
Community Engagement grants are one-off $1,500 grants awarded to Be Connected Network Partners who have received an Activation, Building Digital Skills or Capacity Building grant. Successful applicants will host an event or activity that helps to promote their local Be Connected program.
By giving Network Partners opportunities to engage over 50’s in their community, we aim to support the continued success of local Be Connected programs, reach more people in need of digital literacy support, and increase the number of registered learners on the Be Connected Learning Portal.
Funding Round 3 is open until 31 October 2019. Rounds 4 and 5 open in November and December respectively. Please note: you can only apply for one grant from these three funding opportunities.
Network Partners who were awarded a Community Engagement Grant in Rounds 1 or 2 can apply again, as long as they have acquitted their grant and it is evident that the grant has had a positive impact on their Be Connected program.
Am I eligible?
In order to apply for this funding, you must:
- Have received an Activation, Building Digital Skills or Capacity Building grant.
- If engaging digital mentors, agree to undertake police checks for all digital mentors. Please note, if you are successful you won’t be able to accept the terms and conditions of the grant until you have current police checks in place.
- Ensure your organisation has public liability insurance.
- Have fully accessible premises if staging an event.
What can the grant be used for?
The Community Engagement grant has been designed to assist organisations to promote their Be Connected program. You may wish to stage a BBQ or morning tea at your local library or shopping centre, set up a stall at a community event (like the local show or Seniors Week), or take out advertisement in your local newspaper promoting your activity, whichever you believe will be most effective in introducing older Australians to the Be Connected Network and encouraging them to register on the Learning Portal.
Examples of items that can be funded:
- Marketing/promoting your event
- Presenter/staff costs
- Room hire
- Printing of learning material
- Placing advertisements in local newspapers
The funding cannot be used on building materials and capital works.
For more information: https://www.beconnectednetwork.org.au/grant-program/community-engagement-grant