Brisbane City Council’s Lord Mayor’s Community Fund supports community projects that build stronger communities in Brisbane.
Applications for the 2021-22 financial year are now open. Applications will close at midnight on Friday 17 June 2022, or when each ward had spent their allocated budget (whichever occurs first).
Projects must contribute to the Brisbane Vision by helping achieve our aspirations to be a:
- friendly and safe
- active and healthy
- clean and green, or
- vibrant and creative city.
Each Council ward is allocated $35,000 for community projects undertaken within that ward. The Lord Mayor allocates $35,000 for community projects that involve multiple wards.
Community organisations can apply for funding for local projects. Councillors can also apply to support community events, activities or capital projects.
The minimum grant is $250 (goods and services tax (GST) exclusive) and the maximum is $10,000 (GST exclusive) per organisation.
Eligible projects include projects such as:
- community events including:
- Australia Day ceremonies
- events that charge an entry fee (e.g. fundraiser with a cover charge or festivals with a site entry fee)
- equipment hired for a community event
- community facility improvements and equipment
- funding towards community sporting organisations equipment and activities within a ward.