Application Date: 18 November 2019 to 31 December 2019
Region: Far North Queensland
Supports organisations in delivering events for benefit of the local community. These events enrich residents’ lives and celebrate important occasions. Do not usually attract visitors from outside of town specially for the event.
The grants cover cash and/or in-kind minimum of $3,000 to maximum of $15,000. *Note: Events must commence and be completed within the eligible event date period. Council’s Community grant program supports community-based groups and organisations which provide programs, activities, events and programs that enrich the diversity of cultural, social, sport and economic development opportunities available to the residents and businesses located in the Cairns region.
Local Events should:
• Drive local community and social outcomes to enhance the overall quality of life
• Drive future growth and financial sustainability • Contribute to the region’s balanced portfolio of community, arts & cultural and sporting events
• Generate key economic outcomes
• Showcase the importance of events for local communities and businesses
• Support events that benefit charities or other worthwhile causes
• Celebrate the rich traditions of communities and the importance of these to the Cairns region It is recommended that you read the guidelines from the website as it details relevant tiers for events, critical to eligibility.
For more information: http://www.cairns.qld.gov.au/payments/grants