Application Date: 16 February 2018 to 23 March 2018
Region: Far North Queensland
Amount: $100 to $2,000
This program aims to provide assistance to not for profit organisations, groups and individuals who make a positive contribution to the quality of life of the community or offer benefit to the Shire as a whole, through projects, activities and events.
The objectives of the program are to:
– Improve the capacity and well-being of the Cook Shire community.
– Improve the quality and opportunities for use of public space across the region.
– Increase and encourage active community participation.
Grants between $100 and $2,000 are available. Assistance will be provided as a cash or in-kind contribution or combination of both.
Eligible applicants include organisations that must:
– Have a majority of members or customers based within Cook Shire.
– Be properly constituted not-for-profit organisation.
– Be a charitable organisation registered or sanctioned under the Collections Act 1966.
– Be properly constituted organisation acting as auspice for an individual or unincorporated group.
Eligible activities include those that improved governance and sustainability of organisations, such as (but not limited to):
– Small equipment purchases that support and develop community organisation and volunteers.
– Conservation and improvement of environmental assets within the Shire.
– One off and new community events and workshops that strengthen and develop community identity and capacity.
For more information: http://www.cook.qld.gov.au/