Application Date: 9 September 2019 to 8 November 2019
Region: Australia wide
Amount: Up to $15,000
Energy Consumers Australia sees great potential value in continuing that exchange of ideas and experience that Gill Owen exemplified.
Applications are invited for a grant of up to $15,000 to research innovation, policies and programs that will be relevant to achieving improved consumer outcomes in a dynamic and changing Australian energy market.
Examples of such innovation internationally include:
- policy initiatives, such as the US Green Button scheme – an industry-led initiative that helps consumers access their information and provide it to others;
- alternative approaches to market regulation, such as the UK Competition and Market Authority’s work on digital comparison tools, or lessons from the UK smart meter rollout;
- how research is informing policy and regulation – for example, how relevant learnings from the European Unions Empowering partnership on consumer behaviour and bills is helping define best practice.
Who can apply
Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate most of the following attributes.
- Australian citizens or permanent residents at least 18 years of age
- Experience in evidence-based research or advocacy relating to energy consumer issues
- Good knowledge of the key issues in the Australian energy market that drive energy consumer outcomes
- Good networking and communication skills to meet people, including senior officials and academics in your chosen country(ies)
- Good writing and presentation skills.
How to apply
Applicants should submit an application providing the information described in the Application Guide including the following:
- What is the problem for Australian energy consumers you want to investigate? Why now?
- How will your project advance the long-term interests of residential and small business energy
- How will your project be influential in improving outcomes for consumers in energy markets?
- Who will you engage with in order to understand the problem and to assist your research into
what should be done?
- What are your skills and experience that will make your project successful?
- What is your proposed budget (including any other funding)?
For more information: https://energyconsumersaustralia.com.au/gill-owen-scholarship?utm_source=Energy+Consumers+Australia+-+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=454c0e9655-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_09_25_03_18&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0846f90c66-454c0e9655-176748309&mc_cid=454c0e9655&mc_eid