Application Date: 2 April 2020 to 30 June 2020
Region: Australia wide
Amount: $1,000 to $12,500
The Energy Efficient Communities Program will deliver $40 million in grants to help community groups and businesses lower their energy bills and reduce emissions.
What is the aim of the program?
To help businesses and community organisations save energy and lower bills through:
- equipment upgrades that reduce energy consumption
- investment in energy and emissions monitoring and management systems to better manage energy use
- completion of energy systems assessments according to the Australian Standard or feasibility studies to investigate energy efficiency opportunities
- for community organisations only, energy generation and storage projects (for example, solar PV panels, batteries and solar hot water)
Who is it for and when do applications open?
There are 2 streams to the program:
- Business Stream
- Community Organisations Stream
The Business Stream is expected to open in mid-2020.
The Community Organisations Stream opened on 2 April 2020. More information is available at business.gov.au.
Please note, a small number of community organisations have received an invitation to apply in a separate round, which is to fulfil 2019 election commitments.
How much are the grants?
- Community organisations can apply for a grant of up to $12,500 with no co-contribution required.
- Small businesses can apply for a grant of up to $20,000 with no co-contribution required.
- High energy-using businesses can apply for a grant of up to $25,000 with a matching co-contribution required.