Application Date: 21 June 2019 to 18 August 2019
Region: Australia wide
Amount: Up to $150,000
The Myer Innovation Fellowship program provides support to individuals rather than organisations. The program seeks exceptional leaders across all sectors (private, public and non-profit) and from all types of professional backgrounds. We are looking for the powerful combination of the break-through idea and the capacity of the applicant to bring it to fruition.
We seek ideas that are
- High impact: likely to produce results in the areas of Education, Poverty & Disadvantage, and/or Sustainability & the Environment
- Unique: different from existing approaches
- Scalable and sustainable: the potential to scale up quickly and be sustainable over time
And leaders who are
- Experienced and entrepreneurial: a proven track record of achievement in their field and an appetite for risk-taking
- Passionate and connected: a genuine commitment and passion for their cause and the network to make it happen
What is Offered
This program will provide these outstanding individuals with freedom from their day jobs to:
- Open productive new lines of inquiry
- Ask provocative questions
- Challenge conventional wisdom
- Develop new ideas, approaches, and strategies.
Fellows will each receive $120,000 for their 12-month commitment to the program and an additional $30,000 will be available to each Fellow for approved expenses such as work space, rent, travel and contracting of external expertise.
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
The applicant must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Reside in Australia for the majority of the Fellowship period
- Be prepared to take a sabbatical from their current role for twelve months
- Have a proven track record of risk-taking, out-of-the-box thinking
- Have an ability to turn ideas into action
- Have well-developed networks within an area of the proposed project.
The proposed project must:
- Be based in Australia
- Be aligned with one or more of the subject areas of Education, Poverty and Disadvantage, Sustainability and the Environment, and Human, Civil and Legal Rights
- Have been in development for not longer than three years.
For more information: http://myerfoundation.org.au/grants/other-programs/mif/applications/