Application Date: 1 February 2018 to 28 February 2018
Region: Central Queensland
Amount: Up to $3,000
This program seeks to assist sporting clubs, community groups and businesses to deliver quality events for the Gladstone region.
The objectives of the program are to:
– Assist local organisations to deliver successful sport and recreation events.
– Attract, promote and retain quality events that enhance the reputation of the Gladstone region.
– Attract visitors from outside the Gladstone region who contribute to the region’s economic growth.
– Develop opportunities to host and attract quality events in future years.
Eligible applicants include:
– Not-for-profit organisations
– Sporting clubs and community groups
Eligible events include those that:
– Demonstrate a regional significance and have a sport and/or healthy active focus.
– Are accessible to the wider community, including visitors from outside the Gladstone region, both as active participants and/or spectators.
– Provide benefits to the region beyond the organisation’s own members or customers.
Funding of up to $3,000 is available. The funding Round 2 opens 1 February and closes 28 February 2018 (For events held between 1 April 2018 to 31 August 2018)
Applicants are encouraged to discuss their event proposal with the program administrator prior to submitting their application.
For more information: http://www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/sport-and-recreation-funding