Region: Australia wide
In 2021, the IMB Bank Community Foundation (ICF) is looking for projects that: help communities recover from hardship; elevate communities; provide comfort and care for the vulnerable; teach skills and therapies to those who need; and keep communities safe. Applications for funding will be assessed against their ability to help deliver on these key objectives:
- To encourage and assist economic, social and environmental diversification within the communities in which IMB operates (projects must have strong links to the areas in which IMB members live and work);
- To advance shared prosperity and sustainability in the region by supporting social, cultural, environmental, heritage, educational, tourism and economic initiatives within communities, which will ultimately provide economic and social benefits;
- To promote the mutual and self-help philosophies of IMB;
- To identify and support activities that encourage self-sufficiency through transfer of skills and knowledge, and that may develop new physical resources;
- To encourage and support volunteer inputs throughout the communities;
- To strengthen IMB’s community and business networks;
- Ultimately, to build and strengthen “community assets”.
The IMB Bank Community Foundation will seek to support projects that can demonstrate collaboration with other groups within the community.
In addition, preference will be given to projects that demonstrate a high degree of self-help, either in the form of the applicant’s own efforts and work already undertaken, or in the form of actual physical or financial resources already committed to the project.
Project applications are assessed by the IMB Community Foundation Committee according to the following:
- Geographic proximity to an IMB branch
- Community input in the project and the benefits the project will create for the community
- Reach and impact of the project
- The project’s ability to become self-sustaining over time
- The project’s ability to transfer skills and knowledge
- Innovation – in relation to the project itself or its “new to your community” features
- Promotional Opportunities – willingness to “partner” with IMB in promotional activity
- Evaluation – do you have a plan to properly evaluate the degree of success for your project
Applications close: 30 June 2021.
For more information: https://www.imb.com.au/foundation2021