Region: Australia wide
Amount: $1,000 to $10,000
The Mercy Foundation’s Social Justice Small Grants Program provides seed funding to assist communities and organisations to build capacity that will help create structural change and bring about greater social justice in Australia. Funding under this program ranges between $1,000 to $10,000 per organisation.
The Social Justice Small Grants program is only available to not for profit organisations. This program does not fund individuals or for-profit organisations. If the applicant has no legal status, an agency that does have legal status (non profit) can be asked to auspice the project and hold any grant monies on behalf of the applicant.
Priority will be given to small organisations and those groups that receive no other funding.
The focus for 2020 is “Justice in the Digital World”. This includes projects that
- provide access to the digital world for people who are currently excluded,
- protect vulnerable groups from being exploited online,
- promote genuine human encounter in online neighbourhoods,
- address social exclusion by helping people stay connected using online technology,
- address cyber bullying especially for young people or
- projects that address the issue of online child exploitation will be considered.
Priority may also be given to projects that target disadvantaged women and/or women with children, regardless of the annual social justice focus.
Applications close: 27 April 2020
For more information: https://www.mercyfoundation.com.au/social-justice-grants/social-justice-small-grants/