Application Date: 19 February 2020 to 20 March 2020
Region: Australia wide
Amount: Up to $20,000
This round of Pride Foundation Australia & Sidney Myer Fund Grants encourages projects that are collaborations between refugee and asylum seeker agencies and LGBTQIA+ groups. The projects should aim to assist LGBTQIA+ people who are refugees or seeking asylum in any of the following areas:
- Improving access to stable housing
- Enhancing support for community connection and settlement
- Enhancing cultural engagement and development
- Building evidence
- Improving LGBTQIA+ inclusive practice in services
- Improving mental health and wellbeing.
The grant would focus on nationally-applicable projects over a 1-2 year period through one or more of:
- Community development, or
- Education initiatives, or
- Applied, community-led research with tangible outcomes in the field, or
- Events or conferences
The grants are not intended to support capital and building works, vehicles, furniture or equipment, general fund-raising, travel, books or religious activities.
Expressions of Interest close: 2 March 2020.
Those short listed will be advised by 20 March and will be invited to submit a full application by 1 May 2020. The successful applicant will be advised in June, with the project to start no earlier than 1 July 2020.
For more information: https://pridefoundation.org.au/pages/current-grant-round/