Application Date: 17 June 2019 to 29 June 2019
Region: Queensland wide
Amount: Up to $20,000
The Celebrating Multicultural Queensland (CMQ) program is an annual program that provides funding towards multicultural events and projects that engage people from culturally diverse backgrounds, including people who arrived in Australia as migrants or refugees, people seeking asylum, members of diverse cultural groups and the wider community, to contribute to building a inclusive, harmonious and united Queensland.
The Celebrating Multicultural Queensland (CMQ) Program in alignment with the Multicultural Queensland Charter, promotes:
- Queensland’s multicultural identity
- community participation and intercultural connections
- increased understanding between diverse cultural groups and the wider community
- increased engagement of general community groups in connecting and welcoming migrants and refugees into a wide range of community activities.
Funding rounds in 2019–20
In 2019–20, the CMQ program will deliver two funding rounds:
- The Multicultural Events— Open from Monday 17 June 2019 to Monday 29 July 2019 for events to be delivered in 2020 (calendar year)
The 2019–20 multicultural events funding round is now open for funding applications and will close on Monday 29 July 2019
Eligible applicants can apply for funding of up to $20,000 per event, to be delivered in the 2020 calendar year. Pending availability of funds, multi-year funding may be considered for selected events.
Funding will be allocated to events to be delivered across Queensland in 2020 that promote intercultural connections and inclusion and will build capacity to promote and celebrate the benefits of multiculturalism, supporting inclusive, harmonious and united communities.