Application Date: 18 November 2019 to 9 December 2019
Region: Queensland wide
National Reconciliation Week (27 May ̶3 June) is a national campaign that celebrates and builds on respectful relationships shared by Aboriginal peoples, Torres Strait Islander peoples and non-Indigenous Australians. This program provides an opportunity for all Australians to come together to learn, share and develop a deeper understanding and broader acceptance of our shared national story. This round of grants will operate as a three tiered grant program. The three tiers consist of 30 grants at $2,500, 10 grants at $7,500 and 5 grants at $15,000.
• Tier 1 grants of up to $2,500 are aimed at small-scale local grass roots events
• Tier 2 grants of up to $7,500 target community organisations that may wish to run a community-wide event involving more preparation or coordination than a Tier 1 event and is intended to reach a wider audience
• Tier 3 grants of up to $15,000 are aimed at regional or state-wide events that may span multiple locations and/or days and involve coordination with multiple organisations.
An applicant wishing to apply for a Celebrating Reconciliation Small Grant must be either:
• an incorporated body operating in Queensland on a not-for-profit basis, such as an incorporated association
• a company limited by guarantee • a local government body, • an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust, or
• a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation.
For more information: https://www.datsip.qld.gov.au/news-media/grants/celebrating-reconciliation-smallgrants