Region: Queensland wide
Amount: Up to $300,000
Applications for round 2 of the Community Partnership Innovation Grants (2022-23) will open in early November 2022, with up to $3 million in funds available for communities across Queensland.
One-off grants of up to $300,000 will be available for local projects that support young people, who are or could become offenders, to change their behaviours and improve community connection.
The grants will support new ideas and projects that target the unique issues being experienced by local communities, and that are designed in partnership with the local community.
What the Department is looking for
An ideal community Round 2 proposal will include:
- A new idea or concept that has not already been tried or is available in your community. It should have measurable impact against the four pillars of Working Together Changing the Story: Youth Justice Strategy 2019-23:
- Keeping young people connected – Intervene early
- Strengthening young people’s connections – Keep children out of court
- Reconnecting young people – Keep children out of custody
- Healing young people’s connections – Reduce re-offending.
- A response to local youth crime matters in your community including:
- Who did you meet with?
- How did you engage with your community to understand what their concerns are?
- What are the specific local concerns that were raised?
- What did the community agree would be a great way forward?
- How will your proposal address the concerns identified by the community?
- Who else will be involved in the delivery of your response and can you provide evidence of their commitment?
- Demonstration of culturally safe and local partnerships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities.
- Demonstration of how your model/program addresses the causes of youth crime and delivers positive outcomes for young people who are, or who are at risk of, committing crime.
- Performance and outcomes measures that reflect the needs and aspirations of young people in the community.