Region: Queensland wide
Amount: Maximum of $2000
This grant is only available to Queenslanders who need it the most and have exhausted all other options.
The COVID-19 Rental Grant is a one-off payment of up to 4 weeks rent (maximum of $2000) available to those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic who do not have access to other financial assistance.
The grant is paid directly to your lessor.
Before you apply
You must have had a conversation with your lessor and be able to provide evidence that the lessor has declined all attempts for you to make a payment arrangement.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- you live in Queensland
- you have, or will shortly have, a bond registered with the Residential Tenancies Authority
- you are an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have a temporary or permanent protection visa or possess a bridging visa
- you do not have more than $10,000 in cash and savings
- you can provide evidence of attempts to negotiate a payment plan with your lessor (including a letter or email from them outlining the reasons why a payment plan cannot be agreed on)
- you have lost your job and have applied to Centrelink for income support
- you are waiting for your application with Centrelink to be approved.
Please note that only tenants can apply for this grant. Agents, lessors and landlords cannot apply on behalf of tenants.
How to apply
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will need to complete an application.
For more information: https://www.qld.gov.au/housing/renting/rent-assistance/bond-loan/covid19-rental-grant