Region: Queensland wide
The Queensland Government’s Investing in Queensland Women grant program provides one-off grants to organisations that qualify.
One-off funding of up to $15,000 (excluding GST) is available for initiatives with a duration of up to 6 months that align with the purpose of the Investing in Queensland Women grant program.
Grant rounds will be released twice a year, with a total allocation of funds of $270,000 excluding GST per round.
One-off grant funding is available to support initiatives that:
- target people who identify as women and who may be more vulnerable or experience multiple levels of disadvantage, including
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- people with a disability
- LGBTIQ+ people
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (including people on temporary visas)
- people in rural, regional and remote communities
- young people
- older people
- help achieve the objectives of the Queensland Women’s Strategy 2016–21 and inspire and encourage the Queensland community to respect women, embrace gender equality and promote and protect the rights, interests and wellbeing of women and girls
- help achieve the objectives of the Third Action Plan of Queensland’s Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Strategy 2016–2026 to reduce domestic and family violence reoffending, including working with perpetrators and/or with victim–survivors
- help achieve the objectives of Prevent. Support. Believe. Queensland’s Framework to address Sexual Violence.
Applicants must be either:
- an incorporated, not-for-profit, community sector organisation (note: a group or organisation is not-for-profit if its governing documents prohibit the distribution of profits to individual members while the organisation is operating and upon its wind-up)
- a Queensland local government authority.
- be based in Queensland
- have no outstanding financial accountability, service delivery or performance issues for funding provided by the department
- hold, or provide plans to obtain, insurance which includes cover for the period appropriate to the proposed initiative.
For more information: https://www.justice.qld.gov.au/initiatives/grants-for-queensland-women