Region: Queensland wide
Amount: $10,000 to $25,000
The Safe and Diverse Communities grants program (the grants program) supports small, targeted, community-led projects to increase the capability of multicultural communities to recognise, respond and prevent sexual, domestic and family violence across Queensland.
The grants program aims to create meaningful partnerships and engagement with people from diverse backgrounds to take proactive steps in improving women’s safety, and through awareness and prevention initiatives to address sexual, domestic and family violence.
This grants program aims to target multicultural communities. This includes people from migrant or refugee backgrounds, as well as people who are born in Queensland and who self-identify as ‘being from multicultural backgrounds’. This applies to groups and individuals who differ according to religion, language and ethnicity and whose ancestry is other than Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, Anglo Saxon or Anglo Celtic.
$1 million has been committed over 4 years with $250,000 available each year. Applications will be invited for initiatives seeking funding from $10,000 to $25,000.
- be a not-for-profit, legal entity, or
- be a local government entity, or
- have an auspice agreement with any of the above entities.
Additionally, applicants must:
- have a minimum $10 million current public liability insurance cover, and
- have no outstanding financial accountability, service delivery or other performance issues by any other Queensland Government agency that would impact on the delivery of your grant activity/initiative, and
- be established in Queensland and currently operational in Queensland.
The initiative must:
- be completed by a set due date, and
- be delivered in Queensland, and
- support the purpose of this grants program.
How to apply
Grant applications are now open and will close at 5pm on Friday 14 October 2022.
For more information: https://www.justice.qld.gov.au/initiatives/safe-diverse-communities-grants