Region: Queensland wide
The Queensland Resilience and Risk Reduction Fund 2019-20 (QRRRF) builds on the former Queensland Disaster Resilience Fund.
A total of $13.1 million is available in this round, comprising $4.8 million from the Commonwealth Government and $8.3 million from the Queensland Government.
Eligible applicants include:
- Local government bodies constituted under the Local Government Act 2009; or the City of Brisbane Act 2010, and the Weipa Town Authority
- Regional Organisations of Councils
- Regional Natural Resource Management bodies
- River Improvement Trusts
- Water authorities and local water boards (Category 2 only)
- Queensland Government departments and agencies
- Incorporated non-government organisations (including volunteer groups)
- Not-for-profit organisations.
The objective of this funding is to support delivery of disaster resilience and mitigation projects that:
- align with the Queensland Strategy for Disaster Resilience objectives
- are cost effective and evidence based
- address state-risk priorities such as those identified in the Queensland State Natural Hazard Risk Assessment 2017.
For more information: https://www.qra.qld.gov.au/QRRRF