Application Date: 6 November 2017 to 16 January 2018
Region: Queensland wide
Amount: Up to $7,000
This program aims to assist emerging and early career artists of exceptional talent to take up professional opportunities, usually overseas.
Grants of up to $7,000 are available.
The 2017-18 application dates are:
– Round 1: Opens 6 November 2017 and closes 16 January 2018
– Round 2: Opens 26 March and closes 22 May 2018
– Round 3: Yet to be announced.
Applicants are encouraged to:
– Set out clear objectives for their project, and explain why this project will be of most benefit to them at this stage in their career development.
– Carefully plan their project to maximise opportunities for skills development and advancing career prospects.
– Provide an informed and detailed travel and project schedule.
– Provide a tight, detailed and well researched budget for the duration of the project.
– Seek funding from other sources.
– Make a financial contribution to the project themselves.
– Include work samples with their hard copy application.
Eligible activities include support for structured professional development overseas such as:
– Postgraduate study
– Mentoring or private lessons
– Residencies or study tours with a clear educational focus
The program will also consider supporting:
– The purchase of non-standard musical instruments or equipment
– Costs of film-making for final year or post-grad film students
– Professional development opportunities within Australia
For more information: http://www.ianpotterculturaltrust.org.au/