Why join us
- Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
- Be part of an effective program that backs families whose children are at risk of entering the child protection system.
- Join a respected, caring team co-located with other dynamic family-focused teams in our new Jimboomba hub
- Work across the fast-growing areas of south western Logan and Beaudesert, making a real difference in the lives of families.
About the job
Role location: Jimboomba
Role type: Permanent, full-time
Pay range: $69,724 to $73,754 a year based on experience, with salary sacrificing available
We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated and dedicated case manager for our Intensive Family Support service. This service backs families with multiple and/or complex needs at risk of entering the child protection system. In this job, you’ll work with parents, carers and children from the unborn to those aged 18 years. You will:
- engage families through a case management framework that includes in-home support and mentoring with parents and carers
- complete strengths and needs assessments, including risk assessments, to identify families’ needs
- support families to reduce child protection risks
- undertake flexible home visits, which may be scheduled outside of core business hours.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at http://www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process.
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd May 2019 at 9am
Interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 28th May 2019 at YFS Jimboomba.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.