POSITION TITLE: Administration and Executive Support Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 – Social and Community Services Employee, Level 3
HOURS: 30 hours per week (12 month fixed term contract to 30 June 2020)
TOTAL REMUNERATION RANGE: $61,131.20–$67,360.80 per year (pro rata) (plus Superannuation), with available salary sacrifice option
About Queenslanders with Disability Network Ltd (QDN)
QDN is a member based representative body of over 2,000 members with disability and supporters. Our vision is that people with disability are active and valued citizens of Queensland. Our mission is to empower people with disability to be fully included as citizens in the social and economic life of the community.
QDN undertakes system advocacy.
QDN launched its QDeNgage initiative in May 2019. QDeNgage connects businesses, organisations, and departments to people with lived experience of disability to provide feedback, advice and information, and to share their knowledge and expertise, through a broad range of services.
QDN exists to:
- promote and maintain active, vibrant networks that inform our work
- let people know about the lives of people with disability and how to best talk with us
- influence governments and others to bring about full and equal participation and citizenship, and
- grow an independently sustainable, effective and accountable organisation that reflects our values, vision and mission.
The Administration and Executive Support Officer is responsible for providing administrative support to the organisation and projects, and executive support to the Chief Executive Officer, Business & Operations Manager and other senior staff. This is done through assisting with a range of duties and administrative tasks associated with phone calls, mail, email communications, purchases and ordering, providing meeting support and set up and hospitality to visitors to QDN’s office, photocopying, document preparation and related duties.
Responsibilities include engagement with people with disability, community and mainstream services, government departments and the broader community, planning, facilitation and coordination of engagement activities, and contribution to the development of written policy work and user friendly information, resources and material.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS AND REPORTING STRUCTURES
The Administration and Executive Support Officer reports to the Finance & Administration Coordinator. Note there will be times where this position is supervised for certain program specific tasks by the relevant program responsible officer.
This position works as part of a team where interdependencies and collaboration with colleagues, QDN members and internal and external stakeholders is critical to the successful delivery of projects, services and activities.
The appointee is accountable for the delivery of work assignments and projects, recognising when matters need to be referred to management for resolution.
Fulfil the accountabilities of this role in accordance with QDN’s ethics, principles and values:
In relation to administration, the appointee will:
- provide an initial contact point for QDN members, supporters and others visiting QDN’s office or contacting QDN by phone or email
- manage, prepare, process and action electronic mail and hard copy mail outs, including the QDN email in-box, and record incoming and outgoing mail
- manage QDeNgage diary and incoming mail and emails, including scheduling and flagging items for approval and for action
- provide set up support for meetings and events and provide hospitality to visitors
- coordinate meetings with stakeholders for QDeNgage
- provide support to staff and projects to book catering, support and venues, undertake photocopying, preparation of info packs and manage RSVP lists
- provide support to staff in relation to electronic meetings and document production
- use QDN’s CRM and Microsoft Office software to manage QDN’s membership lists and produce mailing lists
- manage data for QDeNgage requests by inputting into QDN’s CRM, and undertaking filing, record management and other administration tasks
- provide administrative support services for staff for Office 365, including establishing new user accounts, passwords, re-directions, groups, and day to day assistance with basic Office functions
- work with the Finance & Administration Coordinator and CEO to maintain accurate financial records
- maintain record of credit card payments and other financial documents and records
- assist with travel arrangements for QDN members, staff and board directors
- source and administer organisational taxi vouchers
- monitor office cleaning and other premises-related services
- purchase office supplies and equipment
- organise and record regular maintenance and safety services
- maintain and monitor security and fire alarms and systems in conjunction with property management
- prioritise and organise work flow independently, and
- other duties as required by the CEO.
In relation to executive support the appointee will:
- provide executive support to the CEO and Business & Operations Manager including filing, preparation and co-ordination of the daily calendar and papers for meetings
- handle day to day activities of the CEO and Business & Operations Manager, including meetings, phone calls, appointments
- other duties as required by the CEO and Business & Operations Manager.
In relation to corporate governance the appointee will:
- develop own work plan
- support the organising of QDN’s Board meetings under the direction of the Finance & Administration Coordinator
- take action to maintain QDN’s paper and electronic records and documents in accordance with the organisation’s procedures, and
- ensure compliance with QDN’s Quality Management System.
In relation to to communications the appointee will:
- deliver clear verbal and written communications to QDN members, allies, supporters, and all stakeholders who engage with QDN in a professional, tactful and sensitive manner
- provide advice to management and colleagues on how activities and/or projects can be successfully developed and implemented, and inform if risks identified, and
- provide advice to senior management and colleagues if a potential new relationship opportunity could be pursued with government, private and not for profit organisations and agencies to influence state and national policy.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The essential knowledge, skills, and attributes of the appointee include:
- effective communication skills with a broad range of stakeholders including people with disability and community and government organisations
- high level of computer literacy and skills across Microsoft office suite
- ability to deal with sensitive matters with discretion (confidentially and tactfully)
- commitment to QDN’s values, mission and vision
- adaptability and flexibility to manage changing priorities and requirements for work and manage competing demands in limited timeframes
- ability to work in complex environments, managing multiple tasks at the one time, problem solve and initiate responses but seeking input from management where required
- commitment to maintaining high standards of professionalism including confidentiality, and
- ability to build and maintain appropriate working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SALARY
Qualifications and relevant experience in the areas of office administration and executive support are required.
The position is for an 12 month fixed term to 30 June 2020 and is based in Brisbane.
QDN operates under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 and the position is paid as a Social and Community Services Employee, Level 3 for a 30 hour work week (Tuesday–Friday).
The total remuneration is in the range $61,131.20–$67,360.80 p.a. (pro rata), plus 9.5% superannuation – the actual pay point will depend on the successful applicant’s experience and qualifications. Salary packaging is available.
The ability to gain a cleared National Police History Check and possess a current Queensland Driver’s Licence.
The appointee must ensure that they hold and keep current the required registration to perform in the role (e.g. yellow or blue card, AHPRA, driver’s licence) and advise QDN of any change in circumstances that may impact on the continuation of registration or licence.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL PROCESS
A probation period of three months applies. The Finance & Administration Coordinator will conduct an initial review at 2 months and a probationary review at 3 months, and overall performance appraisal will be in line with the Performance Measures detailed above.
To apply for the position of Administration and Executive Support Officer, you will need to submit:
1. A cover letter
2. A short statement of no more than three pages which addresses each of the four key accountabilities administration, executive support, corporate governance and communications)
3. Your current Curriculum Vitae or resume including the names and contact details of two referees who have a thorough knowledge of your work performance. These will be contacted only following your expressed permission.
Applications must be submitted before 11:59pm on Sunday, 21 July 2019, by email to [email protected] with the subject line Application: Administration and Executive Support Officer via QCOSS
For more information
Please refer to our website www.qdn.org.au for an overview of the services QDN provides.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Finance & Administration Coordinator Mark McKeon on 07 3252 8566 or [email protected].