Employer: Caxton Legal Centre Inc
Closing Date: 26 July 2019
Position: Administration Coordinator – Business Services – Ref: ADMIN1001
Classification: Level 5 – Full-time
Remuneration: circa $80k plus super and attractive salary packaging options
Type: 12 month full-time fixed term contract with the possibility of extension
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton Legal Centre represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or low-income earners when they come into contact with the Law. Caxton is seeking an Administration Coordinator – Business Services to join our Administration and Community Engagement Team. The successful candidate will be team leader for the Business Services Team (3 direct reports) and will be responsible for coordinating accurate statistics collection and data analysis throughout the organisation, over-seeing the volunteer coordination function, induction and legal file management processes. They will also be responsible for coordinating several projects in these areas in an effort to digitise and streamline processes. They will be required to model leadership behaviour, embrace continuous improvement and mentor team members at all times. The role is responsible for coordinating the general corporate administration across the organisation, whilst seeking ways to implement process improvement. This includes maintaining central registers for various purposes (e.g training, contracts, funding, keys etc.) and includes providing paralegal support to lawyers as required.
· Responsible for business administrative processes, including managing the CLASS implementation project across the organisation, accurate statistics and data analysis, preparing reporting to funding bodies, volunteer management, file management, library management, assets and facilities management and deputy OH&S officer
· Maintain funding/grants register and follow-up relevant areas about key milestones or outstanding action required
· Organise, record and monitor training across the organisation and work to develop effective methods of training delivery
· Undertake paralegal work as required
· Coordinate induction process including new starter paperwork
· Responsible for coordinating assets and facilities contracts and organising building maintenance in consultation with the COO and ensuring building maintenance register is up to date and work scheduled accordingly
· Participate in working groups designed to streamline IT processes across the organisation.
· Participate in various internal committees, as required
· Back-up payroll processing as required
· Strong knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft suite and the ability to operate databases such as CLASS to an expert level
· Experience in CLASS database, highly regarded
· Paralegal experience, highly regarded
· Collaborative and consultative management style
· Good communication skills and the ability to mentor team members
· High level of attention to detail and accuracy
· Cert IV in Business Administration or equivalent
· 5+ years’ experience in a Senior Administration role
The successful applicant will have the ability to work with clients with complex legal and social issues and who may have an impairment or be culturally or linguistically diverse.
If you are interested in joining a team who are highly committed to social justice and value diversity and human rights, please send your cover letter addressing the key accountabilities and essential requirements along with your CV quoting reference: ADMIN1001 to [email protected]
Applications must be received by close of business Friday 26 July 2019. Due to the high volume of applications, only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.