Employer: UnitingCare Queensland
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to join our team of dedicated After Hours Support Workers to provide a holistic response to the needs of families residing in refuge to address issues relating to experiencing and or witnessing domestic and family violence.
About the role:
The role involves providing practical and emotional support to women and children who are residing within our domestic violence refuges. This is a 24 hour on call service, with a physical onsite 4 hour shift, in addition to the on call component. After Hours workers work singularly with Supervisory support available via phone. As such, it is an inherent requirement that the successful candidate be available to work across a roster covering nights and weekends.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Be available to work on a roster, flexible with availability
- Possession of a relevant tertiary qualification, or current study and/or relevant experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the effects of crisis and domestic violence on women and children and the ability to respond effectively.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop respectful relationships with women and children and the ability to assist them to mobilise their own strengths and resources to achieve positive outcomes.
- Reliable computer and Internet access from your home base
- A current Drivers Licence.
- A current Blue Card or ability to apply for a Blue Card.
Due to the inherent requirements of this programs delivery we require female representation from our Supported Accommodation team, as such we are currently looking for a Female Support Worker. To be a female is a genuine requirement for the position under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1997
To be considered for this role, please ensure you include your resume, cover letter and selection criteria
Previous applicants need not apply.
Casual Rate: $41.33 per hour + applicable loadings + applicable On Call Allowance
The UnitingCare salary packaging program offers employees the opportunity to significantly increase their take home pay. For more information please refer to http://www.accesspay.com.au/ebook/ebook.html or visit the AccessPay website (http://www.accesspay.com.au/Content.aspx?page=salarypackaging).
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
At UnitingCare, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.