Employer: Centacare Family & Relationship Services
Region: Sunshine Coast
Closing Date: 27 June 2019
For more than 50 years Centacare Brisbane has been working in partnership with the community and all levels of government. With a workforce of more than 3,000 as well as volunteers, Centacare responds to local needs from over 200 service sites, touching the lives of more than 100,000 people each year.
This position, reporting to the Senior Area Manager, will be accountable for the overall delivery of high quality operations and client services within the framework of Centacare Family and Relationship Services (CFRS) mission, values and vision.
This portfolio includes a wide range of services including:
- Regional Domestic and Family Violence Service (court support for aggrieved in 4 x DFV Courts, crisis intervention, DVO assistance, safety planning, counselling, groups);
- PRADO (DFV co-responder model in partnership with Qld Police Service);
- Community Legal Service Program (court support program for DFV respondents); and
- Family and Relationship Services (early intervention and prevention, counselling services, groups, relationship education).
- Relevant tertiary qualifications for a senior position of this nature and the ability to articulate a highly-developed leadership and management practice framework.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated record of achievement in a senior management role (minimum 3 years and responsibility for diverse senior staff teams) in the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation (Privacy, Family Law, Child Protection, Domestic and Family Violence), Regulations and Standards.
- Have a track record and superior knowledge and skills in the oversight of a complex and diverse operational and geographical environment and multiple State and Federal funding contracts.
Significant high level knowledge, skills and management experience in a majority of the following:
- Specialist domestic and family violence services;
- Crisis intervention and risk management;
- Brief solution-focused counselling;
- Psycho-educational and therapeutic groups;
- Family therapy;
- Case management services.
- Proven track record in change management principles and practices as it applies to organisation and sector development activities in a not for profit environment.
- Commitment to, and record of achievement in leading and integrating a client-focused, values and mission driven service, combined with an exemplary record in leading and managing organisation complexity with a high level of ethical practice.
- Capacity to work within the ethos of the Catholic Church which includes the principles of Catholic Social Teaching.
- Proven superior collaborative and interpersonal skills to support effective and innovative working relationships and partnerships with all internal and external stakeholders at both organisational and sector levels.
- Demonstrated high level written, reporting and computer literacy skills and strong track record in contractual compliance, relevant to a senior management position.
Salary Range – a competitive salary package, including a fully maintained packaged vehicle, will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applicants who meet the requirements only need apply. For a copy of the Position Description or for general enquiries, contact Ned Gulliford, on [email protected] or Ph. 3251 5000.
Your résumé, including 2 current referees, and a Cover Letter must be emailed by no later than 12pm, Thursday 27th June 2019 to [email protected] and marked ‘Area Manager – Sunshine Coast’ in the Subject Heading.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview, on Wednesday 3rd July, in Brisbane.
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.