Employer: Beaucare Inc
Closing Date: 3 October 2022
Use your incredible people skills to support and care for people living in the beautiful Scenic Rim area – just 30 minutes from the centre of Logan, and 1 hour from the centres of Ipswich and the Gold Coast.
Beaucare is a not-for-profit agency based in Beaudesert with a very long and proud history of supporting our communities and we currently have an opportunity available within our Community Support team.
We value and respect our staff, building on individual strengths and providing opportunities for further growth and learning. If you are looking for a working environment where you have everyday contact with beautiful natural surroundings, your feedback is encouraged and listened to, your skills recognised and your need for work/life balance appreciated, we are the organisation for you.
What we offer
- A caring, values based organisation A supportive team of passionate, dedicated professionals Rewarding work that will make a positive impact on others and the community Attractive salary packaging including $15,900 packaging limit plus $2650 for meals and entertainment expenses per FBT year Generous training and professional development Caring and supportive supervision and support to do your job well Flexible working arrangements Employee Assistance Program
We are seeking a passionate and dynamic person to join the Assessment, Referral, Intake and Allocation (ARIA) team where you will be responsible for providing information, assessment and referrals to clients as their first point of contact. The role will operate within a short term intervention framework and assist in the planning, developing, implementing and monitoring of the client experience in assessing support needs. The ARIA Case Worker also contributes to community development in the Scenic Rim through their knowledge of community needs and assist with planning and implementation of community events.
This role will also include the following:
- Support prospective clients by conducting interviews, assessments and referrals as required either in person or by telephone
- Establish and maintain a contemporary knowledge of referral agencies and programs available in the Scenic Rim and beyond
- Contribute to quality assurance processes by identifying improvements in assessment and intake practices and procedures
- Advocate and liaise, in conjunction with the clients, in their dealings with other professionals, agencies and services
- Provide assistance with student placement supervision
- Provide emergency relief assistance
This is a full time position and it is paid under the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award as a Social and Community Services employee level 3 or 4. The level and pay point will be determined based on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Your skills and experience
- A high level of organisational ability, initiative, problem solving and conflict resolutions skills.
- A high level of communication skills and a capacity and willingness to work as part of a team.
- An ability to undertake duties identified within the role with appropriate consideration to issues of participant confidentiality, resourcing and empowerment.
- An ability to manage duty of care with the rights of the aged and frail, people with disability and vulnerable clients.
- An ability to observe and plan strategies to contribute to achievement of continuous improvement and quality assurance whilst working under the Aged Care, Community Care Common Standards and Human Services Quality Framework.
- An ability to provide high standards of intake support and effectively advocate for clients.
- An ability to research issues applicable to individuals and groups.
- Experience in building and maintaining professional relationships with external networks.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Minimum qualification of Certificate III in an appropriate area (with relevant experience)
- Hold a working with Children (Blue Card) check or be eligible to obtain
- Hold a NDIS Worker Screening Check or be eligible to obtain
- Current drivers licence
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
How to apply
Please apply via SEEK and include an up to date resume and a cover letter which outlines why you would be suitable for the role.
To find out more about the position, please contact Madeline Kelly, Manager Community Support, on 07 5541 4216.
Applications close Monday 3rd October 2022 with interviews to be held week commencing 10th October 2022. Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately so we encourage you to apply promptly.