Employer: Ted Noffs Foundation
Region: Gold Coast
Closing Date: 6 December 2020
Type: Full Time
Location: Outreach within 5 catchment areas: Gold Coast, Metro North, Metro South, Sunshine Coast and West Moreton.
Remuneration: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (Level 5) + full salary packaging options available
Founded in 1970, the Ted Noffs Foundation offers young people the support and opportunities to reach their full potential. Our Mission is to help disadvantaged young Australians become advantaged. Together, we can continue to make a difference for the next generation of young Australians.
The Noffs Queensland provides comprehensive engagement and counselling service to young people aged 12-25 with or at risk of drug and alcohol related difficulties. We operate in three Street University sites and on an outreach setting within five catchment areas: Gold Coast, Metro North, Metro South, Sunshine Coast and West Moreton. In particular, the Assistant Manager will operate across the five regions and within the home base to represent the organisation, undertake a management role within the team and provide assistance to the Queensland Regional Manager in both clinical and non-clinical program.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Conduct thorough assessments of clients.
- Provide individual and family counselling (or refer) and case management as required.
- Liaise effectively with referrers, other service providers and families to ensure best service for the client.
- Create and manage effective referral pathways for clients to access the service.
- Arrange community networking for a young person to encourage positive interactions in a safe and supportive environment.
- Maintain client records, statistical records and provide reports as required.
- Assist the Manager in the day to day running of the Noffs Queensland programs.
- Provide leadership and support for the team including regularly rotating between three physical location sites and two outreach locations.
- Assist in coordinating referrals and intake of new clients.
- Participate and lead in client review and case management, staff meetings and in-services.
- Responsible for the overall integrity of the structured group work program and provide group sessions as required.
- Manage the regular supervision of counselling staff and shared management of Street University staff when required.
- Oversight of client records in the database system including weekly audits for KPI’s.
- Assist in staff management including recruitment, induction for new staff, regular training, and performance management.
- Shared management of funding reports, funding proposals and statistics where required.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications e.g. psychology, counselling, social work.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with young people between the ages of 12 and 25 years old.
- Ability to provide guidance and staff mentoring on clinical and non-clinical matters.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and as a practitioner with minimal supervision.
- Strong personal and interpersonal boundaries.
- Demonstrated experience and flexibility to operate in an outreach setting.
- Must hold and maintain a current Driver License (Provisional Drivers Licence Minimum) and a valid QLD Blue Card.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Experience in the drug and alcohol sector.
- Registration or eligible for membership with AHPRA or other professional association.
- Minimum 2 years direct counselling experience.
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply:
For further information and to submit your application to [email protected] using the subject line: Assistant Manager QLD via QCOSS. Your application must include a Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria. Applications close on 6th December 2020.