Employer: YFS Ltd
Closing Date: 11 November 2019
Why join us
· Join Logan’s leading community services organisation that’s been backing vulnerable people for 35 years.
· Be part of a well-respected team standing tall to end domestic violence in Logan.
· Benefit from working within a strong practice framework that increases safety for women and children and holds men accountable for violent and abusive behaviours.
· Take on an exciting full-time, part-time or contractor opportunity.
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek
Role type: Permanent, full-time
Pay range: $82,169 – $86,379 a year based on experience, with salary sacrificing available
We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated and experienced behaviour change facilitator for our Responsible Men intervention program. You will have a strong desire to end men’s violence against women and children. In this job, you’ll work with men who are 18 years of age or older. You will:
· prioritise women and children’s safety through risk management and group work with male perpetrators
· guide domestically violent men to critically reflect on their abusive and controlling behaviour, attitudes and beliefs
· be familiar and work in accordance with legislation and practise standards for working with men who perpetrate domestic violence
· have a deep understanding of the gendered nature of domestic violence and evidence that you have applied this understanding in your practice
· be available for minimum one evening each week, working from 12 noon to 8.30pm on that day.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related position description available from www.yfs.org.au/about/jobs-yfs, ideally you will bring the following: a client focus, resilience, flexibility, inclusiveness, a collaborative spirit, creativity, innovation and cultural awareness.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at http://www.yfs.org.au/workwithus/application-process
Send us your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax) and counselling support.
To find out more about working with us, head to www.yfs.org.au/workwithus.