Employer: Jimaylya Topsy Harry Centre (JTHC)
Region: North Queensland and Northern Territory
Closing Date: 3 June 2020
Jimaylya Topsy Harry Centre (JTHC) is a unique service, located in Mt Isa, that provides transitional accommodation for adults, both Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and non-Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, who are homeless or in a crisis situation.
In addition to temporary accommodation, JTHC offers intense case management and facilitates assistance from support agencies for people in crisis due to addiction, domestic and family violence, lack of affordable housing or unemployment.
- Attractive salary package
- Subsidised housing and remote living incentives available
- Flexible working options, generous leave entitlements and leave loading
- Safe, inclusive and diverse work culture
- Well regarded service within the local community
- Develop, implement and monitor case and individual plans
- Work directly with clients and family members to gather input for case plans
- Engage with community organisations & key stakeholders to achieve quality outcomes
- Maintain case records and prepare reports
- Participate in professional development activities to ensure best practice service delivery
- Assessing and identifying clients’ needs
- Delivering integrated and culturally appropriate casework services
- Utilising community resources to ensure quality outcomes for clients
- Maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders, agencies and service providers
- Documenting and maintaining case records and preparing reports
- Tertiary qualification in social work, human service, social welfare, psychology or behavioural science
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians with relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply.