Employer: Kingston East Neighbourhood Group Inc.
Closing Date: 1 June 2020
$90k – $116k pro rata
Slacks Creek, Logan
- Oversee and manage financial aspects of operation
- Be part of the leadership of an important community organisation
- Provide insight and advice into the future direction of the organisation
As the chief financial officer, you will be responsible for the financial control of an association which has been providing programs and services to the community for over 35 years and currently receives funding in excess of $1.3 million jointly from Local, State and Federal governments. In this role you operate as a member of the senior leadership team and be tasked with advising and collaborating with the management committee and manager as well as leading and working with the KENG finance team and wider staff. Further to this you will also consult and work with the wider community including other organisations, government agencies and local representatives, academic and research agencies and local business. Priorities of the role will include coordination of financial operations and management, organising and overseeing the necessary statutory reporting and compliance, general support to management and the management committee and forward planning as to the future of the organisation.
To be considered for this role, the following experience and knowledge must be demonstrated:
- Degree level qualifications in accounting
- A member of a professional accounting body such as CPA Australia or CA ANZ
- Proven leadership and people management experience
- Demonstrated ability in financial management
- An understanding and preferably experience in the not for profit sector
- Ability to work well under pressure coupled with an ability to manage and meet competing deadlines
We are looking for someone who will demonstrate a strong commitment and empathy for our important community mission. With that in mind, this position will provide an excellent opportunity to be an important part of an organisation dedicated to the betterment of the community.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your cover letter and CV to [email protected]