Employer: CommunityPlus+ Queensland Inc
Closing Date: 9 December 2019
- Location: Brisbane – South
- Work Type: Part-time (0.4FTE)
- Salary range: $71,500 to $77,800 FTE
- Reports to: Manager
- Tenure: Initial 12-monthcontract with extension subject to funding
Hours of work: 15.2 hours per week – to be worked on agreed days between the hours of 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Hours of work may be increased by negotiation from time to time due to operational requirements.
Position Location: Yeronga and West End office or other locations as may arise.
The Organisation: A not-for-profit community development organisation based in the southern suburbs of Brisbane, Community Plus+ has a vision of Strong Centres for Active Communities. Community Plus+ work with local people and their key strengths, resources and capacities in order to increase the wellbeing of all. We are part of creating communities that are equal, connected and empowered.
Community Plus+ Queensland delivers social inclusion and community development and tenancy advice services from facilities in Yeronga and West End. The community centres, off-site programs and services are run as a combination of centre-based and outreach work. This includes Community Plus+ Queensland Tenant Advice and Referral Services operating out of the Community Plus+ Queensland centres and at a variety of outreach sites. Community Plus+ Queensland offers information, advice and referral, community development, tenancy advice and meeting and venue hire spaces including West End Croquet Club in South Brisbane. Community Plus+ Queensland is a collaborative organisation where you can make a difference and is governed by a skills-based committee.
The Role: The Communications and Content Officer will work closely with the wider Community
plus+ Queensland team to develop exciting new ways to build and grow our supporter base. You will be passionate about creating inspiring multimedia content that attracts and retains a growing community of committed supporters for Community Plus+ Queensland. The Communications and Content Officer will also be media savvy and lead the coordination of our website, newsletters and
social media channels.
Some of the duties you can expect to do in this role includes:
- Source and deliver engaging written content for Community Plus+ platforms to assist in growing public, industry, media and audience awareness of Community Plus+, aligned with strategic priorities.
- Support the organization to develop and monitor a Communications and Marketing Plan.
- Create and curate staff content for social media platforms, including delivery of the every-day content plan.
- Manage website content, ensuring content is up-to-date and copy is well written.
- Write, source stories, including any calls to action, for e-Newsletters, along with other eDMs.
- Identify mediaopportunities in order to generate positive media coverage and enhance the
Community Plus+ brand and strategic priorities.
- Support the delivery of priority community development projects and activities, for example community consultations, community development activity promotion and amplifying community voices on the issues that matter to them.
- Support the delivery of key marketing campaigns, including event ticket sales campaigns and fundraising campaigns.
If you’re just the person we are looking for and want to know more, please download the position description.
For more information about our organisation please visit www.communityplus.org.au.
How to apply for this job:
A position description is attached.
Applications for this role close on Monday 9th December 2019 at 10AM.
Please email your application to the Administration Officer at [email protected],
using the subject line: Communications and Content Officer application
Your application must contain:
- A current CV (including the details of two professional referees)
- A cover letter (no more than one page), outlining how your skills and experience are suited to this role
- A portfolio demonstrating a selection of previous original multimedia content you have created for digital and social media marketing and promotional campaigns
Please note that Community Plus+ are only able to contact applicants who have been shortlisted. If you have not been contacted by the 23rd of December 2019, unfortunately your application has not been successful.